- The customer is responsible for providing RoHS compliant Bill of Materials if the assembly requires it. If required, Pro-Active Engineering will build assemblies following RoHS compliant processes.
- It is recommended the customer send extra parts due to leaders and/or attrition during the PCB assembly process. Pro-Active does not experience much loss, but to be safe Pro-Active would appreciate having a small number of overages to avoid any delay in assembly.
- Lead time may be impacted if the proper leader and/or attrition is not supplied. If you have expensive components or a minimum quantity of any component on hand, please contact your sales representative for details.
- Parts that are properly shipped in anti-static carriers or moisture-sensitive packaging will be treated with care while being inventoried, placed, and resealed. Any unused Customer supplied parts are returned with your assembly.
- Component Packaging Requirements
- Each component shall be individually packaged, labeled with the BOM line item number, customer part number and/or manufacturers’ part number
- The following are acceptable packages of consignment/customer supplied components:
- SMT Reels
- Cut Tape
- Thru-Hole bulk or tape
- Tubes / Trays
- Digi-Key Reels
- SMT components, not supplied on reels, are required to be on one continuous strip of tape.
- Passive Devices (Resistors, Capacitors, and Diodes)
- 0603 and larger footprints: Add 10% and/or 20 pieces to build quantity. One continuous tape strip required (Splicing of tape is not permitted).
- 0402 and 0201 footprints: Add 50% and/or 50 pieces to build quantity. One continuous tape strip required. (Splicing of tape is not permitted).
- All others add 20% overage.
- Under $1.00 – Add 5% overage or one piece. Whichever is greater.
- $1.00 – $5.00 – Add one piece.
- Over $5.00 – No extra is required
- If IC’s are in tape media, One continuous piece of tape is required (Splicing of tape is not permitted)
- A minimum of one thru-Hole or one percent whichever is greater. (Large volume jobs add to 2-3% overage on inexpensive items .50 cents and less.
- We recommend having a silkscreen on your PCB indicating polarity and 1st-pin markings.
- All bare PCB’s require a 1/4 inch rail on all sides to accommodate machine handling.
- A minimum of two fiducials is required for accurate component alignment and placement.
- Minimum Array Size is 3″ x 3″
- Maximum Array Size is 17″ x 17″
24-Hour Turn-Key Quotes
Why Pro-Active Engineering Stands Out
We are a full-service Electronics Manufacturing Service (EMS) provider. We are a small business that gets things done. Our roots are in electrical engineering and we provide our customers with the flexibility that large companies lose track of. Our ingenuity and grit have led to the mastery of complex boards designs and assembly requirements.
Why Speed Shop?
Ready, Set, Go!
We Will Meet Your Time Requirements
Our dedicated team of experts will guide you through the process and let you know upfront if we can deliver in your time frame. Not every job qualifies for quick-turn assembly, so let us review your requirements today and align you with the right solution today.
24 Hour Turn-Key Labor Only Jobs
We Ask the Right Questions
What Our Customers Are Saying
“I value the customer service Pro-Active Engineering was able to provide, getting us through our challenges”.
"We were referred to Pro-Active by another company as a world-class organization that provides quality products, excellent service, and competitive pricing."
"Their willingness to 'get involved' with my project. Taking an interest, and truly understanding not just what I want designed/built, but why, and offering up insights that I may not have considered."