Assembly BOM Guidelines
- MFG and MFG P/N, Quantity, Ref Des, Digi-key Description (Where Available), Digi-key P/N (Where Available or Other Supplier P/N, if needed).
- Alternates in own column, not in row underneath.
- Eliminate duplicate part numbers.
- Confirm there are no duplicate Ref Des and amount of Ref Des matches quantity stated.
- If there are 2 parts that install at the same location, the second installed part should state “For x” location type of thing or have an additional letter added to the Ref Des.
- List all non-pop Ref Des on the BOM (this can either be an entire list at the bottom or in line with 0’s or DNP as the quantity needed).
- Eliminate any assembly notes and make sure they are on the Assembly Drawing .
- Add part ordering notes, if needed