Bill of Materials
TIME SAVING TIP: Substitutions
While not required it can be helpful to list acceptable substitutions for components in the BOM in case of potential conflict. Please indicate if a component is “critical” and no substitutions are allowed.
Assembly BOM Guidelines
- MFG and MFG P/N, Quantity, Ref Des, Digi-key Description (Where Available), Digi-key P/N (Where Available or Other Supplier P/N, if needed).
- Alternates in own column, not in row underneath.
- Eliminate duplicate part numbers.
- Confirm there are no duplicate Ref Des and amount of Ref Des matches quantity stated.
- If there are 2 parts that install at the same location, the second installed part should state “For x” location type of thing or have an additional letter added to the Ref Des.
- List all non-pop Ref Des on the BOM (this can either be an entire list at the bottom or in line with 0’s or DNP as the quantity needed).
- Eliminate any assembly notes and make sure they are on the Assembly Drawing .
- Add part ordering notes, if needed
24-Hour Turn-Key Quotes
Why Pro-Active Engineering Stands Out
We are a full-service Electronics Manufacturing Service (EMS) provider. We are a small business that gets things done. Our roots are in electrical engineering and we provide our customers with the flexibility that large companies lose track of. Our ingenuity and grit have led to the mastery of complex boards designs and assembly requirements.
Why Speed Shop?
Ready, Set, Go!
We Will Meet Your Time Requirements
Our dedicated team of experts will guide you through the process and let you know upfront if we can deliver in your time frame. Not every job qualifies for quick-turn assembly, so let us review your requirements today and align you with the right solution today.
24 Hour Turn-Key Labor Only Jobs
We Ask the Right Questions
What Our Customers Are Saying
“I value the customer service Pro-Active Engineering was able to provide, getting us through our challenges”.
"We were referred to Pro-Active by another company as a world-class organization that provides quality products, excellent service, and competitive pricing."
"Their willingness to 'get involved' with my project. Taking an interest, and truly understanding not just what I want designed/built, but why, and offering up insights that I may not have considered."