Learn how this quality control certification will help you ensure a successful product launch.
Our advanced procedures, primary memberships, registrations, and certifications, such as ISO 9001:2015, demonstrate our commitment to developing and producing superior electronics. In this article, we’ll learn more about this qualification and what it means for your Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) investment with the help of Quality Manager Andrew Ehrsam.
“Pro-Active Engineering’s philosophy of quality and continuous improvement expresses our loyalty to our customers,” Ehrsam says. “One way we can show this is through our ISO 9001:2015 certification,” he adds, “which Pro-Active has retained since 2010.”
Continue reading to learn more about ISO 9001:2015 certification and the advantages of choosing an EMS that has it.
Overview of the ISO 9001:2015 Certification
The ISO 9001:2015 certification is an international standard that outlines certain criteria that a company’s quality management system must meet (QMS). This qualification is based on the iterative four-step management approach Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA), which is used in business to control and develop processes and products. Our certification supports our structure, roles, and processes in order to meet high quality management standards.
How does a business become ISO 9001:2015 certified?
To earn the ISO 9001:2015 certification, electronics manufacturers must satisfy the following criteria:
- Our management is committed, involved, focused and responsive
- Our company meets customer requirements, along with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Our processes are visible, traceable, consistent, repeatable, measurable, and documentable
- Our documents are appropriate, relevant, simple, understandable, and consistent with processes in use
To prove alignment with ISO 9001 standards, we demonstrated that we met these and other requirements related to our commitment to quality, environmental responsibility, and our customers.
How does your company benefit from our ISO 9001:2015 certification?
“Our ISO certification means that we are constantly improving our processes to better satisfy the needs and demands of our customers,” says Ehrsam. “As a result, when you choose ISO-certified electronics manufacturers for all of your printed circuit board needs, you should expect high levels of customer satisfaction,” he adds.
“Because of our certification – and because we genuinely care,” Ehrsam continues, “you should expect the following benefits from working with us”:
- Efficiency and productivity in our processes help us complete projects on-time and within budget
- Our documentation is digitized and streamlined to ensure timely and accurate communications with our customer at every step of the production process
- Design for manufacturability is top of mind as we provide a fully staffed engineering team in-house.
- Providing a great place to work is a part of our mission, this philosophy promotes a positive corporate culture which translates into accessible, friendly and engaged employees who are ready to help our customers.
- We respect our customers and are proud of their accomplishments. To put it another way, when you succeed, we succeed.
Is ISO certification a must-have in the electronics industry?
We think so, but not all electronics contract manufacturers are ISO 9001:2015 certified. Do your homework and find an ISO 9001:2015 certified electronics contract manufacturer. This standard can be used to quickly and easily evaluate an EMS provider’s commitment to customer loyalty and product quality. Choosing the best EMS for your company’s brand and product investment is crucial!
We have a track record of meeting and exceeding our customers’ needs. You can count on us to provide your business with the printed circuit board assembly and design services it requires to succeed. Contact our sales team today by email or phone at 608-837-7838, and we’ll help you get started.